How JTB Corp. Handles Your Personal Information
This document sets forth the manner in which JTB Corp. handles and safeguards your personal information in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, the Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in Administrative Procedures (hereinafter referred to as the “Individual Numbers Act”) and JTB Corp.’s internal policies regarding the protection of personal information.
JTB Corp. Privacy Officer:
Senior Manager of Legal Affairs
Legal Affairs Department
JTB Building, 11th Floor
2-3-11 Higashi-Shinagawa, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo
Personal Information Handled by JTB Corp.
- (1)JTB Corp. retains as searchable personal data files certain personal information provided by customers at the time of purchase of travel products, etc.
- (2)JTB Corp. retains as searchable personal data files personal information provided by applicants for employment with JTB Corp. as well as employees of JTB Corp.
- (3)JTB Corp. retains as searchable personal data files the Individual Numbers of employees employed by JTB Corp. and their dependent family members as well as the Individual Numbers of sole proprietors with whom JTB Corp. enjoys an ongoing contractual relationship mandating the preparation of Informational Returns, etc.
Intended Use of Personal Information
- (1)JTB Corp. and JTB Corp.’s fiduciary vendors (agents) (hereinafter referred to as “JTB Corp., etc.”) use personal information furnished by customers at the time of purchase of travel products for the purpose of contacting customers and, as necessary, to arrange for service delivery by transportation carriers, lodging operators and other vendors in accordance with the travel and accommodations purchased by the customer (Note: The identity of primary transportation carriers, lodging operators and other vendors can be found in your contract document).
- In addition, JTB Corp. may also utilize personal information:
- a.Providing the best possible products and services in good faith by adopting the customer’s perspective at all times
- b.Fostering an identity as a member of the Group, working together with corporate partners from a more global perspective, and creating new value
- c.Cultivating an awareness as a member of civic society while considering the impact of the Group’s operations on the environment and working to contribute to society
- d.Cultivating an awareness as a member of civic society while considering the impact of the Group’s operations on the environment and working to contribute to society
- e.Cultivating an awareness as a member of civic society while considering the impact of the Group’s operations on the environment and working to contribute to society
- (2)JTB Corp. uses personal information provided by employment applicants for the purpose of confirming the identity of applicants, communicating with applicants and to the extent required by JTB Corp. in order to carry out its recruiting and hiring activity.
Furnishing of Personal Information to Third Parties
- (1)To the extent required in order to arrange for the delivery of the travel products purchased by a customer and to the extent required in order to secure insurance to cover our contractual liability as well as any expenses that may arise in the event of any contingency, JTB Corp. electromagnetically furnishes the following customer information to the relevant transportation carriers, lodging operators and insurance carriers: customer name, gender, age, address, telephone number and/or e-mail address, passport number and credit card number.
- (2)In order to facilitate shopping and other customer activity at the travel destination, JTB Corp. may furnish personal data in its possession to gift shops. In such case, JTB Corp. may electromagnetically furnishes the following information in advance to said establishments: customer name, passport number, flight information, etc.
- (3)In order to prepare for contingencies during travel, including but not limited to illness and accidents, JTB Corp. may request personal information relating to customer emergency contacts during travel. JTB Corp. will use said personal information when JTB Corp. deems it necessary to do so in order to communicate with a customer’s emergency contacts in the event of illness or other unanticipated occurrence during travel. The customer is responsible for obtaining consent from his/her emergency contacts regarding the furnishing of the relevant personal information to JTB Corp., etc.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
- 1.Please be advised that JTB Corp. adheres to the following procedures in connection with the collection and handling of personal information.
- (1)Our literature and contract documents explicitly identify and provide for consent regarding the purpose and scope of use for which personal information is being collected.
- (2)Without your consent, we shall not utilize your personal information for any purpose other than the purpose for which it was collected.
- (3)We shall provide you with notification and obtain your consent prior to furnishing and/or temporarily furnishing your personal information to any third-party.
- (4)We obtain consent from legal guardians in the case of minors.
- (5)In order to simplify future travel product bookings, customer information may be shared by JTB Corp. and the following JTB Group companies in order to facilitate the arrangement and management of your travel needs. In such instances, your personal information will be stringently managed and safeguarded.
- JTB Hokkaido Corp.
- JTB TOHOKU Corp.
- JTB KANTO Corp.
- JTB Tokyo Metropolitan Corp.
- JTB Corporate Sales Inc.
- JTB Central Japan Corp.
- JTB TOKAI Corp.
- JTB Western Japan Corp.
- JTB KANSAI Corp.
- JTB CHUGOKU SHIKOKU Corp.
- JTB KYUSHU Corp.
- JTB OKINAWA Corp.
- JTB Media Retailing Corp.
- i.JTB Corp.
- JTB BUSINESS INNOVATORS Corp.
- JTB Global Marketing&Travel Inc.
- JTB Japan Travel Corp.
- (6)When purchasing travel products or requesting product literature, every customer of JTB Corp. is free to determine what personal information he/she wishes to furnish to us. However, we may be unable to accommodate your travel requests if your decision not to furnish us with any personal information or to furnish us with only a limited amount of information renders us unable to contact you or to take the steps necessary to arrange for the delivery of the corresponding travel services.
- 2.When issuing MoneyT Global Cards, JTB Corp. adheres to the following procedures:
- (1)We collect the Individual Numbers of customers requesting MoneyT Global Cards for the purpose of carrying out Individual Number Administrative Procedures required under the Act on Submission of Statement of Overseas Wire Transfers for Purpose of Securing Proper Domestic Taxation.
- (2)Our travel product brochures, contracts and online sign-up screens explicitly state the purpose for which any such information is being collected as well as the scope of its intended use.
- (3)Any documentation received for the purpose of confirming Individual Numbers or confirming the identity of an individual shall be promptly destroyed upon completion of the required Individual Number Administrative Procedures and shall not be retained by JTB Corp.
The Shared Use of Personal Information
For the purpose of contacting customers, JTB Corp. shares the minimum required amount of personal data (customer name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, etc.) with the JTB Group companies identified below. Each of these JTB Group companies is responsible for complying with all applicable laws when using any such data to provide information to customers regarding corporate offerings, to simplify the travel booking process, to disseminate information regarding events and/or to deliver products purchased by the customer.
|JTB Hokkaido Corp.||Urbannet Sapporo Building, 8th Floor 6-1-2 Nishi, Kita 1-Jyo, Chuo-ku, Sapporo|
|JTB TOHOKU Corp.||Meiji Yasuda Seimei Building, 3rd Floor 3-7-23 1-Bancho, Aoba-ku, Sendai|
|JTB KANTO Corp.||LA Tower, 16th Floor 11-2 Shintoshin, Chuo-ku, Saitama|
|JTB Tokyo Metropolitan Corp.||IK Building, 4th Floor, 2-24-9 Kamiosaki Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo|
|JTB Corporate Sales Inc.||Kasumigaseki Building, 12th Floor 3-2-5 Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo|
|JTB Central Japan Corp.||JR Central Towers, 39th Floor 1-1-4 Meieki, Nakamura-ku, Nagoya|
|JTB TOKAI Corp.||JR Central Towers, 39th Floor 1-1-4 Meieki, Nakamura-ku, Nagoya|
|JTB Western Japan Corp.||2-1-25 Kyutaro-machi, Chuo-ku, Osaka|
|JTB KANSAI Corp.||2-1-25 Kyutaro-machi, Chuo-ku, Osaka|
|JTB CHUGOKU SHIKOKU Corp.||Hiroshima Kogin Building, 11th Floor 2-1-22 Kamiya-cho, Naka-ku, Hiroshima|
|JTB KYUSHU Corp.||New KBC Building, 5th Floor 1-1-35 Nagahama, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka|
|JTB OKINAWA Corp.||Shintoshin DL Building 4-19-30 Omoromachi, Naha|
|JTB Media Retailing Corp.||Myogadanieki MF Building, 3rd Floor 4-6-15 Kohinata, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo|
|i.JTB Corp.||2-3-11 Higashi-Shinagawa, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo|
|JTB BUSINESS INNOVATORS Corp.||2-3-11 Higashi-Shinagawa, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo|
|JTB Global Marketing&Travel Inc.||Tokyo Front Terrace, 4th Floor 2-3-14 Higashi-Shinagawa, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo|
|JTB Japan Travel Corp.||2-3-11 Higashi-Shinagawa, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo|
|JTB GAIAREC Inc.||2-43-19 Minami-Ikebukuro, Toshima-ku|
|JTB World Vacations, Inc.||IK Building, 2nd Floor 2-24-9 Kamiosaki, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo|
|JTB Trading Inc.||Nakano-Sakaue Sun Bright Twin, 13th Floor 2-46-1 Honcho, Nakano-ku, Tokyo|
Inquiries, Disclosure, Deletion and Correction of Personal Information
Any individual seeking the disclosure, deletion, removal, correction, suspension of use and/or the suspension of the furnishing to third parties of any personal data held by JTB Corp. should contact our Customer Relations Office (contact information provided below) to receive instructions regarding the required procedures for doing so. Note that we are unable to accommodate requests in connection with supplementary information developed by JTB Corp. or when accommodating any such request may significantly impact the proper implementation of the business activities of JTB Corp. In all other cases, we shall promptly take the necessary steps in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and our internal policies. In addition, if we are unable to accommodate your request, in whole or in part, we shall provide you with an explanation as to why we are unable to do so. The contact information for our Customer Relations Office is provided below.
- (1)For inquiries and/or complaints regarding our handling of personal information and/or the disclosure, deletion or removal of personal data (personal Information received from customers and reduced to digital format)
- JTB Corp. Customer Relations Office
- For inquiries and complaints,
To view procedures related to disclosure and deletion,
Forms required for the disclosure and/or deletion of personal information received from customers and reduced to digital format can be obtained at the offices of any of the companies identified in Section 4 above. However, requests are taken by our Customer Relations Office by mail only.
- (2)To correct, suspend the use of or suspend the furnishing of personal data to third parties, please contact the office at which you booked your travel. (Please refer to your written confirmation and/or contract for the relevant contact information).
The Handling of Specific Personal Information
- (1)JTB Corp. shall limit the use of Individual Numbers to the intended purposes set forth in the Individual Numbers Act.
- (2)JTB Corp. shall not furnish Individual Numbers to any third-parties other than as provided in the Individual Numbers Act.
- (3)JTB Corp. shall promptly delete and/or remove Individual Numbers upon completion of any Individual Number Administrative Procedures as set forth under the Individual Numbers Act.
Breaches involving Personal Information
In the unlikely event of any breach of personal information or similar such event, JTB Corp. shall immediately contact the affected customers. JTB Corp. shall immediately institute responsive measures and, as necessary, may temporarily suspend the operations of its IT systems and/or promptly disclose the relevant factual information via the company’s website, etc.
(Current as of May 30, 2017)