As a leading global organization, the JTB Group's sustainability policy is guided by the following six principles.
Sustainability Framework and Compliance
- ・In order to fulfill our responsibility as a global corporate citizen, the JTB Group is committed to the highest standards of integrity, transparency and compliance with applicable laws and regulations as well as the internal rules and regulations established by each of its member companies. We attempt to adhere to the JTB Group Code of Conduct while respecting the local customs and norms in the countries and regions in which we operate.
- ・In alignment with the Group Mission ('We strive to foster peace and global interconnectedness through the creation of opportunities for meaningful human interaction'), we keep our finger on the pulse of international expectations and concerns and honor the perspective and values of our global customer base.
- ・In alignment with our Sustainability Policy and The JTB Way, we continue our journey towards greater sustainability as an essential dimension of our business. Our sustainability efforts are guided in collaboration and dialogue with our stakeholders.
Promoting Sustainability through Customer Communication
- ・In order to offer a wider variety of sustainability options to our customers, we are guided by the following principles in our customer communications and service delivery:
- ・We strive to provide our customers with accurate information regarding the impact of our products and services on the global environment and local community as well as timely information regarding local sustainability challenges and opportunities.
- ・We strive to keep our customers informed of safety and health issues in order to avoid service delivery risks and facilitate an appropriate response in the event of contingencies.
- ・We promote sustainability awareness among our customers and aim to forge long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with the communities in which we operate.
- ・We conduct customer satisfaction surveys on a regular basis, respond properly to customer complaints, and use feedback to improve service and customer satisfaction.
Conserving the Earth's Resources and Biodiversity
- ・We consume resources judiciously and are committed to combating climate change, protecting the environment, and preserving biodiversity in order to ensure that the Earth's limited resources are available for generations to come.
- ・In our policies and practices, we take every possible measure to mitigate climate change, reduce our use of paper, plastics and other disposable goods, and promote sustainability in our procurement activity.
- ・We seek to reduce the amount of water and energy consumed by our organization's operations and to promote the use of eco-friendly energy sources.
- ・Through recycling and process reengineering, we reduce waste (solid, liquid and gaseous) and eliminate the use of toxic substances.
- ・We properly dispose of waste in compliance with local laws and standards.
- ・We are committed to animal welfare and the preservation of biodiversity. We refuse to engage in the illegal trade of fauna and flora as well as any other activity that adversely impacts internationally or locally endangered animals or plants.
Promoting Sustainable Communities
- ・We contribute as much as possible to the development of sustainable communities.
- ・In collaboration with our customers and business partners, we support community development initiatives that are respectful of local customs, values, and livelihoods.
- ・We embrace diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI), strive to furnish reasonable accommodations, and actively seek to contribute to the creation of a society in which everyone is afforded the opportunity to realize their fullest potential regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, creed, disability, etc.
- ・We support 'buying local' and seek to nurture the unique tangible and intangible cultural heritage and local lore of every community in which we operate.
- ・By bringing people, places and possibilities together, we deliver solutions that contribute to area enhancement, human resource development and the creation of vibrant, sustainable communities.
Sustainable Service Delivery through Value Chain Partnering
- ・We view our business partners and their employees as important allies in the journey towards sustainability.
- ・We seek to deliver convenience, comfort, enjoyment, and value to our customers while respecting people's livelihoods, traditions, biodiversity, the environment and natural resources (water, energy, etc.) in every locality in which we conduct business. We are mindful of the impact of our operations on local culture and customs and work closely with our business partners to promote sustainable industry practices.
- ・We share and promote our Sustainability Policy with our business partners to enhance sustainability across the supply chain.
- ・We are eager to work with sustainability-minded business partners and actively recommend/promote their products and services to our customers.
Creating an Inclusive, Fair and Sustainability-Oriented Work Environment
- ・The JTB Group respects the rights and dignity of all of its numerous stakeholders. We do not tolerate forced labor or child labor. We strive to create a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment for JTB Group colleagues and our business partners.
- ・We are committed to eliminating commercial, sexual and all other forms of exploitation and harassment from our value chain. We are particularly attentive to the rights and concerns of women, children and minorities.
- ・We value diversity/inclusion, treat all stakeholders with integrity and fairness, and promote digitalization and the effective use of technology. We are committed to the health and quality of life of every member of our workforce.
- ・We are always prepared to listen to the concerns and expectations of our colleagues. We deal fairly with complaints and reports received from both inside and outside the organization and use feedback to enhance our workplace environment.
- ・We create sustainability training opportunities for our business partners in order to actively encourage sustainability awareness and engagement.
- Sustainability Initiatives
- Material Impact
・Enriching the Human Experience
・Nurturing our Surroundings